NEW GENERATION COMPACT HAND HELD METAL DETECTION SET
- NIJ Standard - 0602.02 Compliant
- Compact, Elegant, Robust and Ergonomic
- Uniform Detection of Magnetic and Non-Magnetic Targets
- Full Digital Design: Consistent Performance and Calibration-Free Operations
- Extended Continuous Operation Time
- Advanced Configuration Capability
- Indoor and Outdoor Operations
The PD140N is a Hand Held Metal Detector that combines high reliability and ergonomics with advanced detection and operator signaling features.
Effective sensitivity to all metals, full compliance with the latest Security Standards and high immunity to external metal masses are among the main peculiarities of this new device.
Advantages & Benefits
- Programmable Sensitivity
- Extended Continuous Operation Time
- Automatic Low Power Mode during Screening Pauses
- Embedded Long Life Rechargeable Batteries are renewable energy and wipe out Operation Cost of Alkaline Batteries
- Embedded Fast and Reliable Battery Charger: no need of batteries removal
- Dedicated Holder acts as Minimum Space Table Stand and Mains connection for Battery Charge
- Operator Functions can be standard or customized by the user through PC GUI and USB connection
Compact, elegant, robust and ergonomic
The PD140N features a special ergonomic design consisting of an off set hand grip which ensures that the operator’s hand does not interfere with the sensitive detection area. This means fewer scans per person and therefore shorter inspection times per person.
Special care has gone into the mechanical design of the detector. Absence of sharp edges or corners allows the detector to be passed smoothly over the inspected area without getting caught in buttons, buckles, folds or other parts of clothing.
NIJ Standard 0602.02 Compliant
The technical features of the detector comply with the NIJ standard 0602.02 and the new NIJ draft standard 0602.03. The PD140N has uniform sensitivity to magnetic and non-magnetic targets including those made of stainless steel.
At the same time the detector offers excellent body-effect compensation and has high immunity to external disturbance from electromagnetic and mechanical sources
Full Digital Design
The PD140N is fully digital. Electronic functions include a inspection fi eld transmitter- receiver based on Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, a digital operator interface and external communications over the incorporated USB port. This design combined with a special printed antenna ensures top reliability and very high repeatability.
Advanced Control Panel
The control panel with switches and warning lights is made from high-thickness silicon guaranteeing high degree of protection to make the PD140N suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
Extended Continuos Operates Times
The PD140N metal detector is powered by two AA-size NiMH batteries with a battery life of over 100 hours. A Low Power Mode is automatically activated during pauses, extending the battery life up to 200 hours. An internal circuit optimizes battery recharging which takes less than five hours
Latest Plastic Materials Technology
The metal detector casing is made from next-generation technical polymers. These plastics off er high chemical resistance and mechanical strength ensuring a long detector life even in heavy duty conditions.
Advanced Configuration Capability
The digital design of the new metal detector also enables the maximum fl exibility in selecting the functions available to the user and how detection alarms are signalled. Users can keep the factory settings or connect the detector over its USB to a PC and then personalize the settings with a dedicated graphic interface (HHMD configuration tool required).